Firmware is nothing but the program code which contains of the control program for the devices. They may be permanently installed on the device or update able
As we know we can unlock some Huawei modem by updating or downgrading (Flashing) the firmware, In this article I will discuss on same.
Firmware Upgrade Files Downloading
you can download the firmware upgrade file from the our Huawei Firmware Portal.
- Go to http://huaweifirmwares.com
- Select your model number from list and download the file
Firmware Upgrade Procedure:-
- Open the firmware upgrade file you have downloaded by double clicking on it
- As you open the firmware upgrade file you can see the terms and condition tab kindly select the I Agree and click on Next.
- Then it will search for the modem and port , you can check following process.
- As it find the port and model details you can see the conformation tab kindly select the next.
- After conforming it will show following warning window click on next.
- Your Firmware is updating kindly wait until the process complete (Interrupting the process may damage your modem permanently ).
- As process completed you can see the success message.
Note:- If it will ask password during the update you have to provide the FLASH Code generated by IMEI
Firmware Upgrade Video Tutorial:-
Firmware Upgrade Error:-
Probably you can get following error during the firmware upgrade
If you are getting this kind of error it means your modem is not properly connected or your dashboard is open so kindly close the dashboard and read following article
If you are facing any error during firmware update you might look at Error Solution During Firmware Update